Caught Aboard the:
" Goin Off
Thought the weather would be too rough yesterday
to go offshore. 20 mile buoy was 6' at 9 sec with a 3' wind swell at 4 sec at
5:30 A.M. so we decided to sleep in. Woke up around 10 AM and went out back to
the boat to piddle around and was listening to the vhf radio and noticed the
the wind had laid down quite a bit. Heard a couple of boats had gotten a few
Cobia so I hollered at Eric and decided to run out to see if we could cash in.
My youngest son John was pissed cause he had to go to work at 5. Cash in we did as the photo
shows. By the time we got through the locks and to the mouth of the port it
was 3:15 PM. We found a large Manta Ray about 12 miles southeast of the
port in 60' of water and were back inside Port Canaveral by 4:30 PM. Just goes
to show how fishing luck runs sometimes.